We're looking for a Painter (Grade 1) to join our team.
The painter (Grade 1) is responsible for repair of painting fixtures and systems in the locations assigned to him/her within the Java organization. He/she will work under the supervision of senior painters in order to develop advanced skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Painting surfaces in Java locations assigned, as indicated in the “Skills” section below, in order to ensure such surfaces are in a good state of repair.
• Carry out maintenance-related activities that affect food safety in assigned locations in order to eliminate food safety hazards.
• Record activities carried out in required formats for future reference.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Craft Certificate / Trade Test in painting from a recognized training institution.
• at least 1 year’s practical experience as a painter
• Basic skills in the following:
o Preparation of surfaces for painting: stripping, sanding, filling
o Painting and finishing interior and exterior walls and ceilings.
o Repair of gypsum and board walls and ceilings.
o Spray-painting of restaurant furniture and fittings.
o Erecting scaffolding, rigging and ladders in a safe manner.
o Identifying and matching paints required for surfaces assigned.
• Basic spoken and written English and Kiswahili language skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to prioritize work efficiently