We're looking for a Refrigeration Technician Grade III to join our team.
The refrigeration technician (Grade 3) is responsible for technical inspection, repair and servicing of machines, equipment and fixtures in the locations assigned to him/her within the Java organisation.
He/she is also responsible in providing technical knowhow, and mentoring junior technicians. He/she will occasionally supervise others in execution of maintenance activities.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance of electrical lighting and wiring systems and electrical equipment in Java locations assigned, as indicated in the “Skills” section below, in order to ensure such equipment is functional and safe for use by operators when required.
• Carry out inspections of refrigeration equipment in order to ascertain if they are functional and safe for use.
• Carry out basic plumbing, masonry and carpentry repairs in Java locations assigned.
• Carry out maintenance-related activities that affect food safety in assigned locations in order to eliminate food safety hazards.
• Record activities carried out in required formats for future reference.
• Coordinate and manage other technical Java staff or external contractors when assigned work projects, in order to execute maintenance activities in assigned locations.
• Provide technical knowhow on maintenance, including
o Training and mentoring junior technicians in technical skills.
o Troubleshooting faults that are beyond other technicians’ skill level.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Diploma in Refrigeration/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution of tertiary education.
• At least 3 year’s practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician
• Basic skills in repair of electrical single- and three-phase wiring, lighting and socket circuits.
• Proficient in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing the following equipment: Drinks chiller, chef base, chest freezer, upright standalone fridge, deck-type fridge, under-counter fridge, display (grab-and-go) fridge, pastry case, ice-cube maker, walk-in chiller-room, walk-in freezer room, split-type AC units.
• COMMISSARY TECHNICIANS ONLY:
Proficient in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing the following equipment: Blast chiller, gelato batch freezer, milk pasteurizer
• Basic plumbing, masonry and carpentry skills
• Good spoken English and Kiswahili language skills
• Good written and spoken technical communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to prioritize work efficiently