We're looking for a Mason I to join our team.
The mason (Grade 1) is responsible for repair of masonry fixtures and systems in the locations assigned to him/her within the Java organization. He/she will work under the supervision of senior masons in order to develop advanced skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance of masonry fixtures in Java locations assigned, as indicated in the “Skills” section below, in order to ensure such equipment and systems are functional and safe for use.
• Carry out inspections of masonry fixtures in order to ascertain if they are functional and safe for use.
• Carry out maintenance-related activities that affect food safety in assigned locations in order to eliminate food safety hazards.
• Record activities carried out in required formats for future reference.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
Required Knowledge & Experience:
• Craft Certificate in masonry from a recognized training institution.
• at least 1 year’s practical experience as a mason
• Basic skills in the following:
o Repair of concrete, terrazzo, plaster and tiles on walls and floors to original state and to the required standard.
o Application of waterproof roofing materials, including bitumen and APP
o Construction and modification of concrete structures.
• Basic spoken and written English and Kiswahili language skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to prioritize work efficiently