We're looking for a Carpenter I to join our team.
The carpenter (Grade 1) is responsible for repair of carpentry fixtures and systems in the locations assigned to him/her within the Java organization. He/she will work under the supervision of senior carpenters in order to develop advanced skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance of wooden furniture and fixtures in Java locations assigned, as indicated in the “Skills” section below, in order to ensure such equipment and systems are functional and safe for use.
• Carry out inspections of wooden furniture and fixtures in order to ascertain if they are functional and safe for use.
• Carry out maintenance-related activities that affect food safety in assigned locations in order to eliminate food safety hazards.
• Record activities carried out in required formats for future reference.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
Required Knowledge & Experience:
• Craft Certificate in carpentry from a recognized training institution.
• at least 1 year’s practical experience as a carpenter
• Basic skills in the following:
o Fabrication of shelves, lockable cabinets, tables, benches, and other wooden furniture
o Repair of tables, shelves, cabinets, chairs, booths and other wooden furniture
o Sanding, waxing, painting and varnishing of wooden furniture.
o Mounting of booths, chairs, shelves, tables and other furniture
o Repair and replacement of door-locks in wooden and aluminium flush, folding and sliding doors and windows.
o Repair of gypsum walls and ceilings
• Basic spoken and written English and Kiswahili language skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to prioritize work efficiently