Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure production and delivery of quality food to the guests.
• To ensure proper and effective kitchen operations as per the set standards of the organization.
• Directly in charge and supervises all the kitchen staff in the individual branches.
• In charge of food cost control and overhead costs in the kitchen.
• Directly oversee the operations of the individual branch kitchen.
• Ensure a high level of hygiene (food, kitchen, and personal) at the branch.
• Ensure production and delivery of quality food, in their correct portions to the guests.
• Liaise with the manager to obtain guest feedback and take appropriate action where there are concerns.
• Keep a tab on the performance of the cooks, guide them and ensure discipline is maintained.
• On job training of new and old staff in recipe interpretation, meal presentation methods and portion control.
• Give necessary feedback, reports and advise to supervisors on issues, challenges or changes within the branch.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
• Should have minimum diploma in food and beverage products from a recognized institution.
• Know food cost control measures.
• Be competent in kitchen management dedicated to systems and procedures.
• Be conversant with menu development.
• Be able to manage resources.
• Posses and demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Possess organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to train and mentor staff.
• Able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
• Be computer literate.
• TOT certificate