To ensure production and serving of quality food to the guests.
To ensure proper and effective kitchen operations as per the set standards of the organization.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Directly in charge and supervises all the kitchen staff in the individual branches in the absence of a Branch Chef.
• In charge of food cost control and overhead costs in the kitchen.
• Ensures the operations of individual branch kitchen.
• Ensure a high level of hygiene (food, kitchen, and personal) at the branch.
• Ensure production and delivery of quality food products, in their correct portions to the guest.
• Liaise with the manager to obtain guest feedback and take appropriate action where there are concerns.
• Keep a tab on the performance of the cooks, guide them and ensure discipline is maintained.
• On job training of new and old staff in recipe interpretation, meal presentation, and portion control.
Give necessary feedback, reports and advise to supervisors on issues, challenges or changes within the branch.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
• Should have minimum diploma in food and beverage production from recognized institution.
• Know food cost control measures.
• Be competent in kitchen management dedicated to systems and procedures.
Be conversant with menu development
• Be able to manage resources.
• Posses and demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Possess organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Have an exceptional background and reputation.
• Ability to train and mentor staff.
• Able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
• Be computer literate.
• Flexible and adaptable.