Overseeing all branch operations with a special focus on the barista counter to ensure consistency and quality in the production of all food and beverages in the absence of the Head Barista.Key Result Areas
• Ensures that all food and beverages produced at the barista counter are in accordance with the set S.O.Ps
• Allocates Barista’s shifts and respective stations.
• Ensures that all beverages and pastries are available and enough to meet and even exceed the guest’s demands for the day.
• Ensures freshness of all products at all times through sampling.
• Oversees all branch operations with a special focus on the barista counter
• Coordinates and supervises production and service of quality beverages and serve fresh bakery.
• Coordinates training at the branch level on achieving Coffee Excellence and consistency among all the branch staff.
• In charge of trainee baristas at branch level, through regular training and assessments/evaluations
• Advice management on counter equipment performance and replacement need.
• Provides regular reports to the MUB.
• Schedules and documents the training programme for each trainee and provides assessment reports prior to the confirmation of the trainee to a barista post.
• Maintain a clean and tidy counter by emphasizing on use of set hygiene and cleaning standards.Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Ability to think and make quick decisions under pressure, strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
• Highly responsible & reliable.
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
• In-house training in barista and service.
• Excellent customer care technique and application.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Specialty coffee bodies certification [ SCAA, SCAE, CQI]
• Coffee Liqourers certification
• T.O.T training certification.
• 2 Year working experience as a barista
• Minimal “O” level