To afford legal protection to the Company by ensuring its compliance with laws and to provide checks and balances by ensuring that the Company through its various departments, meets its contractual obligations in line with its objectives.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Perform legal research on general areas and new developments on law.
• Ensure safe custody of legal documentation including management of case files and contracts
• Perform administrative duties.
• Assist with preparation of trials or memoranda.
• Assist in disciplinary hearings by advising the panel.
• Follow up of the intellectual property applications.
• Assist in writing & summarising comparative case notes on the reviewed documents including contracts and other legal documents and ensure the check-list is adhered to.
• Assist in conducting legal and statutory compliance of the business.
• Assist in due diligence documents.
• Maintain and update the lease portfolio schedule
• Facilitate adequate legal representation in court matters and taking responsibility for legal matters in collaboration with external lawyers on disputed issues.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree from an accredited university;
• Post Diploma from Kenya School of Law is an added advantage
• drafting and research skills
• Drafting legal documents
• Knowledge on Employment Law, Company and Property law
• Have worked in a law firm or office is an added advantage
• Knowledge on the law, research and drafting skills.
• Drafting contracts including Vendor/ Supplier agreements
• Drafting opinions, memos and advising the management
• Reviewing and Drafting Heads of Terms, Leases, Licenses, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Catering and Vending Contracts.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree from an accredited university.
• Overall knowledge of the law;
• Enhanced research and drafting skills for Non-Disclosure Agreements, Heads of Terms, Licenses, Leases, Catering and Vending Contracts;
• Knowledge in employment law;
• Knowledge about the Companies Registry relevant for the formation of a Company and changes to the constitution of the Company for instance Directorship and Shareholding;
• Knowledge on East African, Middle Eastern and Northern African Intellectual Property law; and
• Knowledge on mergers and acquisitions and the relevant due diligence.