To co-ordinate purchasing duties in a manner that maximizes savings and benefits available to the Company together with planning and providing key support to all departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare and maintain purchasing records such as vendor quotes, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports
• Creating and maintaining effective delivery relationship and partnership with suppliers.
• Helping Conduct market research to ensure that the company gets the best prices at all the times
• Ensures proper filling and documentation of procurement documents
• Contacting suppliers to schedule deliveries or to discuss shortages or missed deliveries.
• Ensure continuous supply of inventories whilst minimising inventory costs
• Foster savings by using the procurement levers such as standardisation, optimisation, consolidation and outsourcing
• Provide weekly updates on all imports and use this to ensure delivery time frames for all products from all suppliers are within acceptable parameters
• Process the required imports documentation i.e. LPOs, Local Permits, etc.
• Understanding and keeping up with new trends and regulations of Rwandan Government Authorities
• Liaise closely with the clearing agents and facilitate payment of RRA etc.
• Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes that may affect the production process
• Keep track of all incoming goods, machinery, spare parts & associate shipments and ensure arrival of all goods within specified timeframes.
• Maintain a Suppliers/Vendors’ database and relationship management
• Work in partnership with other user departments Procurement (Head Office), Warehouse, Operations, marketing etc.
• Any other duty Assigned
• HR support-Work permits and other immigration issues
• Staff on-boarding and document management
• Managing clerical or other administrative requirements
• Organising, arranging and coordinating meetings
• Ensuring that statutory processes are tracked and updated for the branch level, e.g. food handler’s certificates, work permits, fire marshal and first aid certificates, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, supply chain, procurement or an equivalent field.
• Advanced Excel skills
• ERP ,MC Knowledge
• 2 years’ Experience in a fast paced FMCG environment
• Procurement exposure in the Hospitality Industry.
• Inventory Management
Organization and planning skills