The electrical technician (Grade 1) is responsible for technical inspection, repair and servicing of machines, equipment and fixtures in the locations assigned to him/her within the Java organization.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance of electrical lighting and wiring systems and electrical equipment in Java locations assigned, as indicated in the “Core Competencies” section below, in order to ensure such equipment is functional and safe for use by operators when required.
• Carry out inspections of electrical lighting and wiring systems and electrical equipment in order to ascertain if they are functional and safe for use.
• Carry out basic plumbing, masonry and carpentry repairs in Java locations assigned.
• Carry out maintenance-related activities that affect food safety in assigned locations in order to eliminate food safety hazards.
• Record activities carried out in required formats for future reference.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Proficient in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing electrical installation, single- and three-phase wiring, lighting and socket circuits
• Proficient in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing the following equipment:
Restaurant technician: baine marie, electric griddle, insect killer/insectocutor, micro-oven, microwave oven, rice cooker, sandwich/Panini toaster, slot-in toaster, waffle machine, water heater boiler
Food Manufacturing Technician: conventional oven, vacuum sealers, meat slicer, kitchen hood extraction motor, commercial bread slicer
• Good spoken English and Kiswahili language skills
• Basic written and spoken technical communication skills
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution of tertiary education.
• At least 1 year’s practical experience as an Electrical maintenance technician.
• Ability to work at heights
• Ability to work in night shifts for up to 20% of time on duty Establishing viable account and activity plans